About Matt Ryd
Me, in list format:
- I’m a musician from the fantastic city of Chicago, Illinois.
- I write pop/rock music. Catchy “stuck-in-your-head” type stuff with a ton of harmonies and dynamics. Imagine Rilo Kiley mixed with Simon & Garfunkel mixed with Journey.
- I recently released my debut album Looking For Home to a sold-out crowd at Schubas in Chicago.
- The song Healed from my debut EP was featured on one of my favorite shows: Scrubs on ABC.
- I sometimes perform solo, and sometimes with an awesome band of super-talented musicians that I feel really lucky to have onstage with me.
- I’ve shared the stage with some pretty awesome folks, like Jeff Tweedy, I Fight Dragons, Crystal Bowersox, Cavashawn, and The Swell Season (there’s a story to that last one). And I’ve opened for some hilarious comedians, including Dan Aykroyd, Fred Armisen, and Jeff Garlin.
- I’ve played some spectacular venues, including Schubas, Lincoln Hall and Subterranean.
- I’m a total geek. Don’t get me started talking about Star Trek, because I will seriously blab your ears off for hours.
- I’m super-friendly! Hi! Let’s talk!