Formed in April 2006, Machine O.E.M. have forged a brand of melodic hard rock that speaks to the masses; real music for real people. Influenced by the stadium rock giants of the 70’s and 80’s, combined with modern pop sensibility, strong melody and honest, heartfelt lyrics.
The band comprises of five members; frontman Lez Dart, guitar duo Travers Harty and Clint Green, bass guitarist Steve Daniel, and Jay Durrant on drums and percussion.
The singles drew them much attention both locally and internationally, listed below are just a few accomplishment achieved through these demos:
• Dominating the Modern Rock and Hard Rock charts on Ourstage.com, an MTV partnered site and still currently charting!
• KFC Sessions top 10 Finalist.
• Featured Artist on Mike Cameos Indie Top 10.
• Radio Play on Algoa FM, UCT Radio (where they charted at no3 on the South African Top 30), Tucks FM, DMX and several online radio stations.
• Playing to thousands of fans though unsigned.co.za’s Rock Star Cricket Pro 20 tournament, playing locally at Buffalo Park and at the semi-final at St George’s Park. They were also asked to play the final in Johannesburg due to the immense support show to them by their fans but were unable to due to recording commitments.
Their biggest break to date though came through Slicethepie.com where in November 2009 after winning a spot in a coveted showcase as a top rated artist they beat out hundreds of band from all over the world and raised 15 000 pounds through their fans to record their debut album.
When it came to choosing a producer only one name came up, multi-platinum award winning producer Theo Crous, the man behind top SA bands like The Parlotones, Prime Circle, Karen Zoid, Aking and Freshly Ground to name but a few.
The guys entered Bellville Studios In March to begin work on their much anticipated debut Album due for release October 25th 2010 …watch this space!