Interviewing and being a reporter is not my job, it's my PASSION. I read the rules and am aware that I can't promote any of the work I have done - so, I added pictures to my profile to show you that I am great at what I do.
So how do I know I have the potential to be your backstage correspondent?
1. I am a very hard worker. – I give 120% of my effort when I want something or if something needs to get done. I submitted this less than a week ago, so my focus was this competition. I pushed and pushed until I hit the top 10. "You have to risk going too far to discover just how far you can really go."
2. Experience is a must. As I said in the video, I have interviewed Musiq Soulchild (which is the current headline on his website), Jeremih, Bobby Valentino and more. It would be an honor to be Drake’s correspondent and I know it would do great at it.
3. I am a GO-GETTER. I showed up at an N.E.R.D. meet & greet, and ended up working the event - I had no affiliation with any companies involved with it, I just stepped in and helped Pharell and Chad with the process of autographs and pictures. I also helped the FNF crew for the Steppin' Lasers Tour w/Lupe and B.O.B. I sold 100+ tickets in a matter of three days.
4. Journalism is my profession. I work with a music blog under a major newspaper company as well as a big news company in Chicago.
5. I am not just a fan. – Drake has millions of fans. I am one of them and of course I want to meet him and the other artists, but there would be professionalism throughout the whole way. I want to prove to you that I can handle this. I will not pass out and scream your name, and I am not going to ask to take 1,000 pictures. I’d go to Toronto to do my job, I will be professional.
I worked my way into the music industry by going for every opportunity to build my name up and establishing those relationships within those networks. I am just an ordinary girl fighting for a dream, and I will keep doing it until I get there. Seeing how much of an influence you are is such an inspiration - I am waiting for my big break.
If there's one thing I want everyone to learn from reading this profile, it's that everything happens for a reason and anything is possible. Have faith, because it all works out for the best in the end.
Thank you so much for this opportunity, and of course, thank you for your time.